Saturday, May 19, 2012

Escape!

 
Have you ever felt like walking through the door of home or work and closing it on the responsibilities and people depending on you? I think we all feel like that at least once in our lives. We usually don’t give into those feelings. It’s not the feelings that count; it’s what we do about them.

I’ve learned to take a break, to talk to someone, to pray, when I feel overwhelmed. None of these actions are magic solutions, but they help me keep things in perspective. Despair comes when we keep our worries wrapped up inside of us. There, they grow out of proportion. Despair induces a kind of perverse pride, making one think that one’s problems are beyond solution. There’s no problem without a solution, however difficult the solution.

The young girl possibly thinking of running into the deep, dark , beckoning woods, is  Paperbag Studios Windsong. The “Escape” stamp is from Heidi Swapp. The background stamp is Cornish Farms. The cardstock is SU Rich Razzleberry and Shimmer White, the ink is SU Rich Razzleberry. I stamped Windsong twice, cut out the girl from one image and pop dotted her on the first image with SU Dimensionals.

I used a stamp from one of my favourite SU sets, Haute Couture, for the ATCs, I’m not sure what the English title of the set is. The sentiment translates as “Just my style.” The cs is all scraps, so I'm not sure of their identity. The background on the second ATC was stamped with an SU small background stamp.

Hope you have a great weekend.     




5 comments:

Annie said...

Wow loving these images, particularly the haute couture stamps, which are very elegant. Crafting is a great way to escape from the feelings of being overwhelmed and sharing with crafty friends lifts your spirits. Thank you fir sharing these lovely creations Mezzocat and for kind words left on my blog. Best wishes Annie :)

Bonnie Irvine said...

These are stunning. I love the girl image combined with the word escape.It's almost haunting.You have painted a heart-tugging picture with your description, as well.
The style cards are very elegant in their simplicity. Your choice of background papers work well with these images.
Bonnie

Vee Cassidy said...

Lovely work; thank you for visiting me on my blog and for your kind comments. Vee xx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Kathleen, Love what you wrote and the colors you used for these ATCs, is just perfect to their simplicity. They are all lovely, but your top piece is exceptionally beautiful.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Becky said...

Wow! I love your ATCs! If you ever feel like swapping with someone in the UK I would love to. I also wanted to thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Bx

Post a Comment